HON X 298 - Apply for scholarships - 36972
This course will take place during the second 8 week session of fall 2019 – October 21 – December 20. Students in the course will focus on preparing applications for research opportunities, internships and scholarships for summer 2020. Examples include:
- Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU)
- Fulbright UK Summer Institute
- Public Policy and International Affairs (PPIA) Summer Institutes
- State Department Internships
- Foreign Language and Area Studies (FLAS) Scholarships
As a class, we will learn how to find relevant and feasible opportunities and prepare and refine application components (statements, résumés, references and interview preparation) over the course of the 8 weeks. By the end of the fall 2019 semester, you will be in a position to submit a competitive application.
The class will meet on Tuesdays from 5:30pm – 7:10pm in the Hutton Honors College (room 108).Permission to enroll is required by the instructor, Paul Fogleman. If you would like to enroll or if you have questions, email or call him: email@example.com; 812-855-3948.