DAAD Study/Research Grant
To be eligible for consideration, a student must:
- Be enrolled full-time as a college junior pursuing a bachelor's degree during the current academic year. "Junior" means a student who plans to continue full-time undergraduate study and who expects to receive a baccalaureate degree between the December following the current academic year and the following August.
- Plan to enter a master's or doctoral program in the arts, humanities or social sciences. Students in the social sciences who plan to pursue graduate study in neuroscience should not apply for a Beinecke Scholarship.
- Demonstrate superior standards of intellectual ability, scholastic achievement and personal promise during his or her undergraduate career
- Be a United States citizen or a United States national from American Samoa or the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands
- Have a documented history of receiving need-based financial aid during his or her undergraduate years. The student will need to complete a Financial Data Sheet certifying the student meets the need criteria.
Each college or university may nominate only one candidate for the national competition. To be considered for selection as Indiana University's candidate, eligible students must complete and submit a nomination package. For the campus deadline, the candidate should complete the five requirements listed below and have at least two letters of recommendation sent via email to Paul Fogleman (a third letter will be required of the nominee). According to Beinecke's guidelines, letters should "assess the nominee's intellectual curiosity, character and potential for advanced graduate study."
Submit all documents via email to the Office of National Scholarships & Awards by the end of the day on the campus deadline.
To apply, send an email to email@example.com stating that you seek nomination and confirming that you meet the need-based and can document it. See bulletpoint 5 at Beinecke's webpage listing Student Eligibility Criteria.
The following four items should be attached to your email as one document and in this order:
- A completed pdf Application Form from the Beinecke website.
- A Personal Statement of 1000 words or less as a pdf document.
- An unofficial copy of your transcript. An official copy will be needed if you are nominated.
- A current resume.