Truman Scholarships fund up to $30,000 in scholarship support for graduate school. U.S. citizens or nationals with strong academic records and commitment to a career in government or public life are eligible. Applicants must be juniors and the scholarship is awarded in the spring of their junior year.
- Undergraduate applicants are eligible if they submit their applications for Indiana University’s internal competition in either the spring of their sophomore year or the fall of their junior year. Seniors who complete their undergraduate degree in three years may submit their applications in their third and final year. For more details on when you should apply, seehttp://www.truman.gov/are-you-potential-truman-scholar
- US citizens
- Nominated by their university
- In the upper quartile of their class (typically with GPAs above 3.5)
- Truman Scholars receive up to $30,000 for graduate or professional school
- Leadership development programs
- Opportunities for internships and employment with the federal government.
Selection Criteria: Candidates should be able to demonstrate significant and deep commitment to public service and leadership. Scholars are selected on the basis of: